CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features/register on the website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our website.
• Your search queries on the website.
Aculist is the sole owner of the information collected on the Aculist websites. We do not sell, share or rent this information other than as disclosed in this statement. At no time does Aculist collect information from users other than information users voluntarily give to us.
PUBLIC INFORMATION & EMAIL
Some information, such as office information, is provided by the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) database. This information displays on Aculist sites with listing information, and may display on listings that appear on third party sites, at which time it will become public information and no longer under MLSListings’ or Aculist’s control.
PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESSES
Aculist may require a personal email address. This email address will only be used by Aculist and will not be made available to the public. Aculist will use the private personal email address to notify members about emergency MLS or website downtime, to send MLS system maintenance notifications, to email the electronic newsletter, and to send Aculist updates. Your private email address can be changed at any time by updating it in your profile.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Aculist’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Aculist about our website users is among the assets transferred.
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aculist, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
This website contains links to other sites. Aculist is not responsible for the privacy practices of such sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site, and to read the privacy statements of websites that collects personally-identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Servers for our website/s automatically receive and record some information into a log. For aculist.com, this includes identifying your browser, aculist.com cookie information, IP address and the page/s you request. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, and gather broad demographic information for use in improving site performance. IP addresses are not linked to personally-identifiable information. On aculist.com, the cookie identifies the browser on that machine. If an error occurs while the user is on the website, their cookie will be logged into an error file on the server.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you need to update your personal information in the Aculist database, you may do so in your Aculist profile settings or by contacting email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Aculist, Inc, 350 Oakmead Parkway, Suite 200, Sunnyvale, CA 94085.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. When an order form asks for sensitive information, such as a credit card number, that information is encrypted and protected. (While on a secure page, the lock icon on browsers becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just ‘surfing’.)
We also protect user information offline. All of our users’ billing information is restricted within our office. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, the billing department or an accounting representative) are granted access to billing information. The servers that store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
If you have any questions about the security on our website, you can email email@example.com.
Aculist requires certain information from a user on order forms, such as contact information (like name or billing address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is for billing purposes and to fill orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user.
SURVEYS & CONTESTS
From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether or not to disclose requested information (such as name and shipping or email address). Contact information will be used to notify winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Last modified: February 17, 2017